How much does it cost to live in Hillcrest Community Cooperative?
Community members decide whether to increase the rent and by how much.
- Each Member household pays two charges. The first is the lot rent that is collected monthly to pay for operating expenses like taxes, insurance, trash collection and the Corporation’s mortgage payments.
- The second charge is the one-time Membership Fee of $150. And, Members get their Membership Fee back if they sell their homes.
- Once a Member has paid the Membership Fee, he or she only pays lot rent, currently $265 per month.
- Before the homeowners bought Hillcrest Community Cooperative, we had monthly rent increases of $20-30 every year. We now have control over when and why our rent changes.
- Hillcrest Community Cooperative charges new Members a non-refundable $25 application fee for each adult in the household. Find out more about the application process here.